So I decieded to go there for jogging. So one day my friend Neha and I went there. It was our first day there. We passed by a group of old aged people. I saw they were doing something different or unusal, but I didnt bother much and moved ahead.
Second day I saw the same group of old men and women. Today they were acting like a butterfly and were running from here and there. Again I chuckled and moved ahead.
On following days I found out that, it was a Laughing Club. Wow! a laughing club! I had heard about the laughing therapy, but I had not seen something like this before! So I was a bit curious.
So after jogging, we decided to sit on a bench, from where we can see this group. So some days passed and they also saw us sitting there everyday.
One day a tall old man came to us and introduced himself as a owner of that club. He asked us if we would like to join their club. We immeidately accepted the invitation and it was free too.
So from the next day, after jogging instead of sitting on the bench, we joined some 20 people, most of all aged between 55 and 80. We were youngest in the group. They all welcomed us with open hearts.
We started with some light excercises and then they taught us different ways to laugh from stomach so that we take more oxygen through laughing.
1) Keep your feet apart, bend your body down, and take a deep breath. Slowly move upwards by stretching
your arms in the air and just laugh out loud
2) Then run like a butterfly anywhere in the garden
3) Then do some latkas-zatkas
4) Interesting thing was, all aunties were dancing like dolls and it was really fun to watch their thumkas!
5) In the end they used to drink Special imagineray Lassi! And how to drink it? Keep your feet apart, hold
the glass of lassi in one hand and drink with trrrrrrrrrr sound
6) The session used to end with a joke and they used to bring written jokes. But after I joined, it was my responsibility to tell them a joke. We started to laugh like anything. We were completely mad. And these guys were really enjoying themselves very much. Even some other girls also joined us after hearing our story.
But one day what happened! I was laughing like a mad by streaching my arms in the air and suddenly I saw somebody. It was my head of the department, who was just walking around with his wife. He saw me and was looked totally puzzled. I guess he was trying to figure out what was I doing actually, but he couldn’t. I was doing ha ha ha without laughing as laughter stopped coming out after seeing him there suddenly.
But the moment he went away, I lauged like mad. Even today when I remind his puzzled face, it brings laughter on my face.